Thursday 6 May 2010

kebab bi karaz

As I've pointed out before, one of the side effects of clipping out old recipes - other than creating more space for plastic dinosaurs, Gruffalo DVDs and snakes - is the rediscovery of dishes I'd forgotten about. Or in this case, one I wanted to cook ages ago but haven't got around to, until now.

This one is from a copy of Australian Delicious I had kicking around, and I'm quite excited. Apparently the chef is fairly big news in the land of the Violent Bogan (Tom Kime, Sarah?), and I even have to go to the effort of tracking down Pomegranate Molasses. Brilliantly I find an amazing Lebanese deli around the corner from work called Le Comptoir, and we're go, go, GO!

kebab bi karaz
Sadly, that's as good as it gets as he finished dish is a bit, well boring. Admittedly I didn't make *quite* enough sauce, so the cous cous is pretty much plain, but I was expecting so much more.

Given the molasses cost six quid, we'll be seeing this again but with some slight tweaks: More super sour cherry sauce, leaner lamb mince and I'll double the spices. Oh, and we'll have it with pitta bread and some houmous as well.

sources
kebab bi karaz - Tom Kime, Australian Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo