Saturday 8 May 2010

spiced cauliflower curry

Spiced cauliflower curry I admit sounds weird but necessity is the mother of invention when all you've got in the fridge is some cauliflower ana was supposed to cook for milo this week, and some peppers left over from Wednesday's rainbow tortilla.

"But the anas would never eat experimental cauliflower curry. And definitely not on a Saturday night!" I hear you muse. You're right, she wouldn't but she's managed to wangle herself a dinner invite at Kendra and Brian's, and left me with the funky floret option:

spiced cauliflower curry
Sucks to her though, because I'm the winner. Whilst she enjoys Election Night Special Part Two, I get to watch Midsomer Murders and eat a pretty darn good curry. I shall file it alongside the indian-spiced aubergine as brilliant side dishes to try again.

Incidentally I make this the fifth recipe from the June edition of Delicious - could that be a record?

sources
spiced cauliflower curry with red pepper and peas - Delicious, June 2010, p153

3 comments:

  1. nothing like politics to make a dinner party successful... your wife is now known as Svetlana....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah power to the people!
    You have to admit that 4 against one is pretty hard going?!
    I can live with 'Svetlana', there are worse names one could be called...

    Ana Svetlana Barnes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a marvellous curry! Dave did a fair amount of wonky face making before he got to shovel it into his desperate Dan pie jaws, at which point he declared it to be in his top 10 list. This months delicious has been brilliant hasn't it? I have also made the castelluccio lentils - Dave didn't like the gorgonzola element but whatever. I like it. The steak with white bean salad was marvellous too. Ooh and I loved the rainbow tortilla - which I ate over two days on my own as Dave wont eat eggs. Seriously? what am I putting up with?!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo