Monday 3 August 2009

shepherd's pie

Another lonely day on my own, with no friends, whilst my precious family are living the high life on Vectis.

Whilst they are being carted around on golden platters by genuflecting locals, I decide to double the freezer intake with a hearty Shepherd's Pie. It's a winner on three counts; it's cold, it gives me time to practise for my mock driving test whilst it's bubbling away, and the milos love it.

Two hours later things have gone slightly awry. Although I've passed my mock theory test *and* won the theory test quiz, I'm also a bit-to-very squiffy. I've also eaten four platefuls of pie, and presentation always at a premium, stuffed the rest into a box for the freezer.

sources
shepherd's pie - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, River Cottage Meat Book, p504

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo