Tuesday 23 March 2010

toasted pine nut and sweet potato salad

Similar to last night's ratatouille, we've also had several sweet potatoes sat around the veg bowl for aaaaages, so in a continued effort to lose the winter fat we have one of the ana's favourite salads - roast sweet potatoes, tomatoes and pine nuts with a red wine vinegar and honey dressing, and spinach.

toasted pine nut and sweet potato salad
However just like last night *something* doesn't quite work. Initially I thought it was the aged nature of the potatoes - they were a little floury - but in the end I think it was the vinegar tasting funny. Not sure why though. I tried it without dressing and it was fine, but I can't believe vinegar goes off - does it?

Food of the Milos
Our eggs broke in transit this week, which means somebody has scrambled eggs for breakfast. Was he at Zoe's or Richmond park with Jenny today? Can't remember, but he did have ratatouille for dinner.

sources
toasted pine nut and sweet potato salad - Donna Hay, The Instant Cook, p49

1 comment:

  1. The salad is sad because you forgot to mention it has avo in it! Ron made me fried rice for my dinner. I love him because he didn't try and get creative and put cashews or sundried tomatoes in it!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo