Tuesday 19 May 2009

coqing hell!

Hmmm, as if to mock me from last week's super-roast this week Sainsbury's sell me a chicken with a world record amount of blood vessels in it. Despite roasting away for seemingly a million hours (well Mr Hopkinson's usual method of a 15 minute blast at 200C, then whatever else at 170C till it's cooked), it still managed to make like Carrie when I carve. So it goes back in for another 20 minutes. And then another 20 minutes, the bugger.

roast chicken
When it eventually arrives we have it with salad of beetroot leaves (oh yes) and bread, mmmm as a midnight snack. Meanwhile, it's always nice to see Alan Alan of the Alan Alans getting work:

Food of the Milos
Weetabix for brekker with some banana slices, monkey has the rest of the risotto for lunch, before battling with him over pasta and ella's Italian Sauce. Given he's been swimming today, and we went for a walk to the pond to feed the ducks, he should be starving but the pasta is a struggle.

sources
roast chicken - Roast Chicken and Other Stories, Simon Hopkinson

2 comments:

  1. I think our christmas turkey suffered from too many blood vessels...Ahem.

    Darn it, we don't get the Alan ad up here so I can't show off to my friends and say 'I don't know that man but I do know his lovely sister' ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realise that what I wrote makes no sense...

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo