Monday 23 September 2013

simon rimmer's italian bean casserole

Having generally lorded it up over the last month or so how easy I’ve found fasting on Mondays, today it all comes back to bite me in the bum.
 
I blame yesterday’s Sunday roast-a-thon at JPs, complete with double-helpings of both lamb, roasties, red wine and sticky toffee pudding. I think in trying to offset today’s deficit a day ahead, I’ve accidentally opened a massively hungry can of worms. Fat worms that are really, really hungry.
Stomachs started rumbling within seconds of waking, and continued all day, all through the 1500 starvation witching hour, all the way home and right up until the point I’d heated up some of Simon Rimmer’s Italian Bean Casserole we’d carefully secreted in the freezer last time we had it.
It was a little soupier as I added a can of tomatoes, but not enough to deaden the flavours of the herbs. Obviously it’d have been nicer with some parmesan, but you can’t underestimate the value of having  dinner pretty much ready when you return home, when you would willingly eat your own arm off.
Sadly though, the casserole did not assuage our groaning tums, which continued to gurgle all through The Killing and deep into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo