Friday 13 September 2013

simon hopkinson's tomato curry

Rain rain go away, come again another day. What is it with this country and our extremes of weather? One week we’re sweltering in the hottest summer since we were riding BMXs in satin, split leg shorts and John McEnroe t-shirts, the next we have to get boats to work. I mean really?

Luckily for my usual lunchtime sandwich and reading routine outside of the Home Office, I have an invite to the prestigious Channel 4 canteen for lunch with DVD diva Ashley Smith. It’s good to see some things never change, and I include the fish and chips I had, which I’m fairly sure has been on the hotplate since I left five years ago…

After a post work beer for me, and post work wine for Ana and Milo, we all arrive home cold and bedraggled, and ready for something warming. Unfortunately the fridge doesn’t seem to agree, so whilst Ana reads to Milo in bed, I managed to knock up a version of Simon Hopkinson’s super-warming tomato curry using two packets of cherry tomatoes and half a can of coconut milk. It’s a pretty good approximation, and if anything the cherry toms give it a lick of sweetness you don’t get from their bigger brothers.

t’s also a perfect accompaniment to the last two episodes of Game of Thrones. And a bottle of vino. All in all, a pretty good end to a damp Friday night.

sources
tomato curry - Simon Hopkinson, Delicious, November 2007, p86

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo