Tuesday 4 March 2014

valli little's char siu beef and tenderstem broccoli

Bloody hell the early mornings are beginning to bite. I’m sure it’ll all be worthwhile when I’m collecting my third Booker Prize, and taking restraining orders out on Rachel Weisz and/or Hayley Atwell.

Having spent all day yawning at work, I at least managed to blow the cobwebs away with a fairly brisk gallop home, buoyed by bananas, biscuits and the fact the evenings are definitely getting lighter. Once back I manage to stave off both sleep and starvation with a super-quick Vietnamese char siu beef and noodle bowl care of lovely Valli Little:



I have to say it’s not what I remembered. This is not to say it’s not nice, it is with a nice balance of sweetness from the char siu and shaxong wine, and the garlic/ginger/chilli holy trinity of heat, but somehow it missed the head of the nail as well as the plank. In my head I was expecting this fresh and zingy Vietnamese soup, which we’ll be having next week now it’s stuck there.

sources
char siu beef and tenderstem broccoli stir-fry - Valli Little, Delicious, August 2013, p110 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo