Friday 7 March 2014

peter gordon's fried halloumi topped with chilli, spinach, water chestnut, hazelnut, orange and sun-blushed tomato salad

Things have gone slightly awry on the recipe front this week, because rather than the traditional Friday night curry, or chilli, curry or maybe even a curry, tonight we’re having Peter Gordon’s halloumi salad thingy. Not that this isn’t normally this is a great dish of course, but it doesn’t shout ‘welcome to the weekend’, and particularly not if you’ve been down the pub for a couple of hours.

Any chance of this minor disgruntlement turning into Camden Brewery-fuelled rage is handily diverted to flailing confusion because once again, I completely forget how to construct this recipe. I’ll have to take a picture when we’re next chez the Taylors. Anyway, using previous images as a guide I broadly manage to knock-it together pretty accurately, and although I forgot to soak the chestnuts in salted lemon juice, I did remember to infuse the oil with chilli and garlic.

To reiterate, this is in no way a Friday night dinner, but it is rather jolly and I think I’ve finally found a brand of halloumi that I like.

sources
fried halloumi topped with chilli, spinach, water chestnut, hazelnut, orange and sun-blushed tomato salad - Peter Gordon, Salads: The New Main Course, p65 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo