Wednesday 29 February 2012

bill granger's poached salmon and orzo salad

Why do we do this to ourselves? I can see out of the corner of my eye Ana's face whilst she's eating Bill Granger's by-now classic poached salmon and orzo salad, and it looks like she's sucking on the world's most bitter lemons.

I'm not exactly feeling it either, and that's with a veritable fistful of ground pepper, salt and as much dill as I could possibly put into it without turning into poached dill and dill salad. This seems a bit odd because we've had it loads over the years, however looking back at it's previous appearances we've never really raved about it. Ana decides it's because it's a much nicer summer dish, to eat in the garden, in the sun with a massive glass of wine, rather than an end of February, in the cold, and being forced into it before the salmon goes out of date.


It looks pretty good though, and obvs I have two plates, if only so I don't have to have it for lunch tomorrow.

source
poached salmon and orzo salad - Bill Granger, Holiday, p14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo